Adjusted cancellation conditions for direct bookings in summer 2021:
- There are no cancellation costs up to four weeks before arrival.
In the event of cancellation three months to four weeks before arrival, the deposit paid remains in the hotel and can be used for the next stay. If you prefer to transfer the deposit back, 3% of the deposit amount will be deducted from the processing fee.
- Cancellations 4 weeks to 7 days before arrival will be charged with 50% and 7 days to 1 day before arrival with 80% cancellation fees.
- No-show / early departure 100%
- Room cancellations are only valid in writing.
- In the event of official closure during the travel period, the cancellation is free of charge.
- Cancellations 4 weeks to 1 week before arrival will be charged with 50%. In the event of a later cancellation, 80% cancellation costs will be incurred.
- On the same day or in the event of no-show, 100% of the total booked will be charged.
In general we would recommend to book a travel cancellation insurance for every trip.
Travel cancellation insurance
Since May 29, illness from Covid-19 has been one of the reasons for insurance like any other unexpected serious illness.In Hotelstorno Plus and Premium we cover the following reasons in the event of a cancellation or travel interruption by the guest:
- Illness of the guest from COVID-19
- A close relative or a person living in the same household falls ill with COVID-19 and the guest must be present at home
- Fever and suspected corona, even if the test result is negative later
- A positive test result with no symptoms
- A close relative in the common household is ill and the guest has to be quarantined
- Insurance can also be taken out retrospectively with Europäische Reiseversicherung. In this case, it is valid after a 10-day waiting period after completion. - insure your trip now. Additional Information.
The Austrian government allows - under certain conditions - travelling again! Entry from regions that have a 7-day incidence below 250 and are not a virus mutation area has been possible without quarantine since 19.5.
However, a test is mandatory in the hotel industry.
Overview of the validity of the tests:
- Self-test with digital solution (available at reception): 24 hours (valid during the stay, antigen or PCR required for arrival)
- Antigen test: 48 hours - (from 15.9. valid 24h) test option in the Alpenapotheke Saalbach (appointment can be made online www.alpenapotheke.at) or in the test streets of the State of Salzburg in Saalfelden and Zell am See - registration and appointment booking via salzburg-testet.at
- PCR test: 72 hours
- Recovered persons: exempted from the obligation to test up to 6 months after the illness
- Confirmed antibody tests are valid for 3 months
- Vaccinated persons: exempted from the obligation to test from 22 days after the first vaccination. from 15.08. only from the day after the second vaccine.
Compulsory test from 12 years.
During your stay, you have to do a controlled self-test under supervision or an antigen test in the pharmacy or test street every other day.
There are now far-reaching simplifications for vaccinated and recovered people on their return journey, which can be found in the following links on the website of the German Foreign Office and the German Federal Government.
Test options: See point before "Arrival"
- Antigen tests for personal use (digital with QR code, valid for 24 hours) are provided free of charge. According to the current state of knowledge, these do not apply to border crossings. The verification takes place via QR code and registration on the website salzburg-testet.at of the Red Cross.
- For people with social security in Austria, antigen tests in the pharmacy with the E-Card are free of charge
- For people not insured with social security in Austria, antigen tests are offered in pharmacies and doctors' practices at a price of 25 euros
- Regardless of the country in which they are socially insured, all people can have themselves tested free of charge on the test roads of the State of Salzburg in Saalfelden and Zell am See, for this one you have to register at salzburg-testet.at (selection of the test road and appointment booking takes place online )
- The cost of PCR tests, which are usually seldom required (only possible in medical practices), is 120 euros.
Entry into Austria
Regulations according to the ECDC map for risk areas
green / orange: free entry
red: Entry only for tested, recovered or vaccinated people
dark red: Entry only tested, recovered or vaccinated and quarantine (free testing after 5 days)
Return from Austria
For information on the regulations in your home country for return travelers from Austria, please contact the relevant national or local offices. We expect a uniform solution across the EU soon.
Check-IN - Reception:
The check-in takes place as usual. You can send your details in advance (address, names and dates of birth of all travelers) in order to shorten your waiting time. A disinfection column is available for you at the entrance.
Mouth and nose protection (FFP2 mask)
Since 1.7. you don't need any mouth and nose protection in the hotel, due the check of the negative tests and vaccine. You still need and mouth and nose protection in public indoor places such as supermarket, banks, museeum, public transfort and cable cars.
from 15.9. you need the FFP2 mask everywhere you need a mouth nose protection. Plus in the shops people who are not vaccinated need to where a FFP2 mask.
When hiking in the mountains, you can easily keep the distance. And it's healthiest outside anyway. The alpine huts have already been open since May 15th. open.
Hygiene in the room and throughout the hotel
All of our rooms have been cleaned with micro steam since summer 2019. Dry micro-steam cleans more hygienically and thoroughly than any other type of cleaning. The regularity of cleaning the rooms and our public areas (including the lobby, elevators, doorknobs, public toilets, SPA, gym, restaurant, etc.) is increased and we use medical disinfectants and professional steam cleaners.
The laundry will continue to be washed according to the strict hygiene regulations.
Disinfection racks are distributed in sensible places throughout the hotel.
Our breakfast buffet with plenty of choice is available to you every day as usual. Please disinfect your hands regulary. Our catering offer is adapted to the given food hygiene regulations. The evening buffets twice a week will be served as themed menu.
We serve you our bar drinks individually at the table or bar / lobby. As in the all-inclusive offer, drinks are included in the price until 10 p.m.
Our employees are tested weekly for Covid19. We want to make sure that a possible "hidden" Covid19 patient (without symptoms) is recognized early and can be isolated immediately. Due additional regular tests, our employees are allowed to work without mouth and nose protection.
Wellness area & spa
You can enjoy massages as usual in compliance with the new hygiene regulations. The indoor pool and the wellness area can be used. Sauna entrance from the age of 16 years. We also start the sauna operation earlier in order to extend the opening times.