It is clearly getting colder and the first snow is already here. The winter arrived in Saalbach Hinterglemm.
Preparation fort he ski seasonAt the moment, the preparations for the upcoming ski season are taking place - this year there are some great innovations... Austria’s largest ski resort is getting ready: The ski circus Saalbach Hinterglemm Leogang Fieberbrunn offers 270km of top prepared slopes, 70 modern lifts, many snow parks, free ride, fun cross, snow trails, cross country slopes, tobogganing tracks and lots more... Also this summer a lot has been invested to make the ski circus more exciting and comfortable.
The largest revolutions for the season 2016/17
- Schönleitenbahn: New modern 10 seater cable car from the company Doppelmayr which transports 3.200 person per hours, is replacing the Schönleitenbahn
- 12er Express: The new 10 seater cable car connects the Zwölferkogel and the beginnerslift at the Westgipfel.
- converstion of the Oberschwarzachlift to a double-drag lift.
- Water pond Asitz II: New storage pond with a capacity of aroung 74.000m³ at the Asitzbahn middlestation in Leogang.
- In addition, this year, additional investments were made in vehicles, piste machines, snow-making machinges, slope restoration, etc