Everything is waiting for the ski season, whole Saalbach Hinterglemm prepares for the white pleasures.
Winter action without skisIn addition to the fun on the slopes, there is a whole range of activities that can be done in the magnificent nature without skis. Let yourself get inspired...
Winter walksFrom December to April there are every Tuesday in Saalbach and every Thursday in Hinterglemm free guided winter hikes. Meeting point: Every Tuesday at 10 am at the Tourismusbüro Saalbach and every Thursday at 10 am at the tourist office Hinterglemm. The walking time is approx. 3 hours, registration is not required.
Snow shoe walkingSnowshoe hikes run in open terrain - a natural experience of a special kind! Different weather conditions change the terrain every day; it’s every hikers responsibility to be prepared. Snowshoes can be rent in the sport shops. Possible routes:
- Lengau - Lindlingalm, right next to the Saalach, near the winter hiking trail and the cross-country ski trail
- Reiterkogel middle station, Above the Höhenloipe towards Rosswaldhütte
TobogganingTobogganing is fun for old and young – it can be fast but also leisurely, as desired. You can also rent toboggans...
- Spielberghaus: Daily drive with the pist machine from the Staumauer Spielbergweg near hotel Kendler, reservation required
- Maisalm: toboggan and pickup after reservation
Snow tubingFrom December to March you can snow tube. tubing tires are available for free at the lift, also the lift is free of charge. Opening times: Monday to Saturday from 5pm to 9.30pm.
Horse sled ridingA special romantic way to discover the snowy landscape with a horse sled. With registration it is possible at the Lindlingalm from 20th December...
And then there is also:
- Ice skating (Hinterglemm)
- Ice stock ring (Hinterglemm)
- Tree top path
- Skidoo and piste machine driving
- and much more...